The George Mason University Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science (GGS) invites applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position beginning August 2018. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The selected candidate will provide core support to our successful and growing GIScience and Geoinformatics programs; teach core and advanced courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels (the equivalent of two courses per semester); develop new courses as needed in an area of specialization; mentor graduate students at both the master’s and Ph.D. levels; and develop an externally funded research portfolio that will advance the mission of GGS.
- Ph.D. in geography, geoinformatics, or a closely related field is required by time of appointment;
- Ability to develop a strong and active research agenda in GIScience and a field of specialization;
- Demonstrated record of publishing peer-reviewed scholarship;
- Ability to teach introductory and advanced courses in GIScience and a field of specialization; and
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated record of seeking/securing external research grants; and
- Strong and demonstrated research interest in health geography, transportation geography, and urban systems.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: October 16, 2017