Job Title: Research Project Coordinator II
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Project Coordinator II to specialize in Geographic Information System (GIS) implementation and work under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Director of University Planning and Development. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks including the improvement, update, development and implementation of the Geographic Information System (GIS) servicing the Division of Institutional Planning and Operations. The Research Coordinator II assists in the maintenance and update of the GIS database, including, updating existing datasets, creating new data and providing the initial QA/QC of the data.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Builds and collects Geographical Information System (GIS) data for incorporation into the enterprise GIS system.
- Enters data into GIS databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Reviews existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation as well as building geospatial data, modeling and analysis using advanced spatial analysis and/or data manipulation.
- Interprets aerial or ortho photographs, transfer or rescale information from its original documentation onto maps or data and compare field and office mapping to resolve incongruous information issues as well as other duties as assigned.
- Provides technical and support and analysis to the Assistant Director of University Planning and Development on projects supporting the Division of Institutional Planning and Operations strategic initiatives ranging in scope, focus, and duration as per the needs of the Division.
- Supports the organization by conducting research and preparing effective graphics, maps and presentations requested by the University and its assigns, assisting in providing technical support to users or clients regarding the maintenance, development or operation of GIS databases, equipment or applications and recommending procedures or equipment or software upgrades to increase data accessibility or ease of use.
- Assists in data collection and utilizes global positioning system (GPS) to collect or verify the accuracy of the GIS and consultant produced survey data to update multiple data sets using planimetric and thematic mapping techniques, aerial and satellite data and ground truthing.
- Performs other duties as required by departmental and division needs, as assigned by the Assistant Director of University Planning and Development.
How to Apply: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/61101
Rutgers – Institutional Planning & Operations