Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, College of Science & Engineering, Geographic Information Science Program, is seeking applications for a Professional Assistant Professor of Geographic Information Science position. The appointment will begin fall 2018. The successful candidate will be expected to teach Plane Spatial Measurement, Cadastral Systems in Texas and the US, History of the Settlement of Texas Lands, Legal Aspects of Surveying, and Survey Digital Drafting. Additional duties include undergraduate mentoring, recruitment, and outreach for the program.
The College of Science & Engineering Geographic Information Science undergraduate degree program is accredited by ABET, Inc. The undergraduate and graduate programs are taught face-to-face and online. Applicants can go to http://www.gisc.tamucc.edu for more information on the Program, College and theUniversity.
- Doctoral degree in a Geospatial Science or in a related field
- Licensed State Land Surveyor
- Professional experience in Land Surveying, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and have a strong commitment to teaching excellence.
- Ability to teach online
- Prior experience in teaching geospatial science related courses
- Experience in teaching at the professional level topics including geospatial surveying techniques, geodetic science, land boundary retracement, geospatial computations and adjustment, design and analysis of surveying data
To be considered for the position, all required documentation must be uploaded.
A completed application will include:
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications listed,
2. A statement of teaching philosophy,
3. A curriculum vitae, including research/publication record,
4. Indicators of teachingactivity/effectivenessor potential, and
5. A list of three references
Review of applications will begin immediately. The posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected.
For more information, please contact:
Professor Gary Jeffress, Ph.D., Search Committee Chairperson
Director, Conrad Blucher Institute for Surveying & Science
College of Science & Engineering
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive Unit # 5868
Corpus Christi, Texas 78412-5808
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Diana S. Sinton, Ph.D.
Executive Director, UCGIS