ChoroPhronesis, in collaboration with other groups such as Teaching and Learning with Technology, the Stuckeman Center for Design Computing, the Pulse of the Earth Lab (and others), at The Pennsylvania State University, are delighted to announce the opening of two postdoctoral research positions. The postdocs will be working in vibrant transdiciplinary teams that are addressing a range of topics that see transformative changes due to the potentially paradigm shifting nature of immersive technologies. Example topics include:
· Empirically validating immersive learning across the academic spectrum;
· Immersive decision-making for environmental decision making;
· Connecting immersive experiences to environmental and ecological modeling;
· Immersive storytelling;
· 3D modeling and design;
· Foundations of immersive technologies.
The postdocs will be coordinated through ChoroPhronesis (founded by Dr. Alexander Klippel) but will work across projects at The Pennsylvania State University and could have their primary home in units such as the Stuckeman Center for Design Computing or Teaching and Learning with Technology. Ongoing projects include but are not limited to:
· The Science of Being There – Immersive Virtual Field Trips for Geospatial Sciences;
· Visualizing Forest Futures;
· The Rio Studio – Visualization and access to informal settlements through immersive experiences;
· Transforming Education through Immersive Technologies;
· Immersive Storytelling for General Education Across the Academic Spectrum;
· Digital Innovation through Immersive Technologies: Establishing New Paradigms for Environmental Decision Support.
More information about these projects can be accessed through: http://sites.psu.edu/chorophro
· Experience in learning assessment;
· Experience in the design of experimental evaluations of (immersive) learning;
· 3D modeling and visualization skills;
· Strong programming and code management skills;
· Immersive application development experience;
· C# programming skills and/or Unity3D development experience;
· Communication skills for interacting with academics, instructional designers and others across the academic spectrum;
· Scientific publishing skills proven by a strong academic publishing record.
The initial appointment is intended for 12 months with possibility of renewal. Please have your information uploaded by July 31, 2018. The start date is envisioned for the Fall 2018 and can be as early as September 1st 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The positions are full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional on a 12-month service basis. Eligibility for benefits are contingent on your citizenship or work authorization. Application procedure: The following documents are required for the application: Cover letter (no more than 2 pages), CV/Resume, link to a portfolio of projects/experiences (if applicable), up to three scientific publications. For questions about the positions please contact Dr. Klippel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should provide evidence, either woven through their application materials or as a separate diversity statement, of a commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusive excellence, and belonging and of engagement which creates an inclusive environment in their department/workplace. Apply online at https://psu.jobs/job/80255
To review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters and policies, please go to https://police.psu.edu/annual-
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
-- ******** Dr. rer. nat. Alexander Klippel, Professor Gosnell Senior Faculty Scholar Department of Geography Affiliate: Information Sciences and Technology Associate: Institute for Cyber Science Founder: ChoroPhronesis - Applied Spatial Intelligence email@example.com sites.psu.edu/chorophronesis General Chair Spatial Cognition 2018: http://sites.psu.edu/sc2018/