Dear members of the Copernicus Academy and representatives of the Copernicus Relays,
We would like to share with you two news items:
1. The Summer School “Copernicus for Digital Earth” will take place from 23 June to 4 July 2019 in Salzburg, Austria. It will explore the potential of freely available satellite data with a focus on Copernicus and its service domains. It would be particularly relevant for graduate students and young professionals/academics who will explore best practice examples in a mixture of lectures and hands-on sessions. Registration is open until 17 March 2019.
The results of this summer school will be presented during a dedicated session at the 39th EARSeL Symposium “Digital I Earth I Observation“ that will be held from 1 July to 4 July in Salzburg, Austria. Being one of the biggest European conferences in the field of Remote Sensing and Earth Observation, it will tackle Copernicus-related topics, e.g. in a special session “Copernicus4All”. Registration is open now and the call for abstracts is open until 15 January.
2. In case you missed it, the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS) posted a call for tender. The aim of this new call involves promoting demonstrations of operational CMEMS downstream services and developing the elements needed for the implementation of these services.
The services may be coastal or offshore on one of the European Seas (5 lots), on the Arctic Ocean (2 lots) or on a part of the Global Ocean (5 lots).
– Documents related to this tender are available at https://www.mercator-ocean.fr/
– The reference and title of this tender are: 110-UU-DEM5-CMEMS DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF DEMONSTRATIONS OF CMEMS DOWNSTREAM SERVICES
– Deadline for receipt of bids is: 14 February 2019 at 16:00 (Paris Time)
With kind regards,
The Copernicus Support Office Team