You genuinely enjoy developing open source Geoinformation Services used by thousands on a daily basis? You are a highly motivated Java Backend Developer and algorithm designer? And you love using and enhancing OpenStreetMap for high-performance GI services for global coverage? Then we actually might have a suitable and interesting job for you.
Software Engineer OSM Routing Services,
Backend & Algorithms
HeiGIT gGmbH is a non-proft start-up aiming at technology transfer and applied research in the area of geoinformatics, especially in areas such as humanitarian aid or other non-profit goals for the benefit of society and the environment.
To this end, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Software Engineer in the field of OSM Routing Services (Java Backend). Depending on your experience
Your tasks within the field of Route Planning & Smart Mobility are related to at least one of the following areas
- Agile development of innovative routing services, algorithms and extensions for the well-known open source project http://openrouteservice.org (Java)
- Extension of the global services infrastructure of various location-based services using OSM
- Development of highly performant algorithms, methods and GI web services, especially for the analysis and data enrichment of heterogeneous global geodata sets
- A highly-motivated backend developer with solid experience in Java or C++
- An above-average university degree in one of the subjects such as Geoinformatics, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics, Physics or similar
- German language skills preferred, but English only possible
an attractive position in an interdisciplinary team in a highly dynamic and growing area. HeiGIT gGmbH is cooperating closely with the GIScience Research Group at Heidelberg University, which is member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE) at Heidelberg University. We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with many personal development opportunities. HeiGIT receives core funding by the Klaus Tschira Foundation (KTS).
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for administrative reasons initially limited to 3 years – with the option of sustainable extension. Please send your application including CV, certificates, references, etc. in digital form as PDF as soon as possible to Stefan.email@example.com.