(+420) 597 325 458
Department of geoinformatics
VŠB – TU Ostrava
17. listopadu 2172/15
Ostrava – Poruba
- Ph.D. – Geoinformatics, cartography and remote sensing – Masaryk University (Brno)
- Ing. – Mining engineering – VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
- geographical information systems (especially methods of data processing and modelling)
- spatial data visualization and processing
- remote sensing and remotely sensed data processing
- geoinformation support for geology application
- accessibility of public transport
Professional Experience Record
- Since 2002: VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Department of Geoinformatics, assistant professor
- 1998 – 2002: VSB- Technical University of Ostrava, assistant professor
- 1993 – 1997: City Authority of Ostrava, GIS programmer
- 1991 – 1992: INORGA Ekograph, Ltd., programmer
- 1990 – 1991: INORGA, Department for automation in industry, researcher
- 1986 – 1989: Rudne doly Pribram, technologist
- 4/2014 two weeks at University of Iceland, Reykjavík and National Land Survey of Iceland, Akranes Iceland
- 5/2012 two weeks at The International Center for Land Policy Studies and Training (ICLPST), Taoyuan City, Republic of China (Taiwan)
- 6/1999 one week EU Joint Research Centre, Yspra, Italy
Research and Educational Projects
- Participation in the project 35/AKT „Complex solution of methane issues related to old mining works“ (2010-2019)
- Participation in contract research for PKU “A Study of Lake Most” (2017-2018)
- Participation in contract research for Kamen Zbraslav, Inc. “Causes of landslide on the southeast slope of Kubacka hill analysis, Litomerice county” (2016-2017).
- The coordinator of the project “Electronic Atlas of the Czech Republic Fire Protection” for General Directorate of FRS CR (since 2005).
- Participation in the project “Implementation of tools for spatial analysis of labour market in labour office activities” for Ministry of Social Affairs (since 2001).
- Czech Grant Agency [205/09/1159] “Intelligent system for thematic maps interactive design support” (2009-2011), principal coinvestigater.
- Participation in the Czech Grant Agency research project [105/09/1631] “Methodological innovations of geofactor analysis of engineering geological conditions in the Ostrava-Karvina district” (2009-2011).
- Participation in the Czech Grant Agency research project [205/07/1313] “Analysis of new possibilities of evaluation of engineering geological conditions using geographic information systems” (2007-2009).
- Participation in Czech Grant Agency research project [402/02/0855] “Labour market modelling using geoinformation technologies” (2002-2004).
- Participation in Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic research project [SE/640/1/01] “Initiation of natural ecosystems of the undermined landscape for the process of restoring the Karvina territory.”(2001-2003).
- Contract research for KOEXPRO, Inc. “Application of MGIT Tools in the use of technical means and technologies for the protection of the territory from floods” (2002), principal investigator
- Participation in Czech Grant Agency research project 402/99/0022 “Spatial Analysis of Unemployment” (1999-2000).
- Participation in the Ostrava City Authority and State Land Office project “Implementation of Estimated Pedologic-ecological Unit in Real Estate Cadastre” (1996-1997).
- Participation in Ostrava City Authority project “Digitizing of Ostrava city land use plan” (1994-1995).
- Contract research for Nova hut, Inc. “Database construction element database implementation for computer aided design – 2nd phase” INORGA, Department for automation in industry (1991), principal investigater.
- Contract research for Nova hut, Inc. “Database construction element database implementation for computer aided design – 1st phase” INORGA, Department for automation in industry (1990-1991), principal investigater.